Business Card Design Process
You may think that with technology readily advancing, Business Cards are becoming a thing of the past. That is far from the truth because Business Cards still matter! They are the most effective direct marketing tool still to this day. Online marketing, paid media and SEO are all great ways to boost your business but there’s nothing that can beat a personal meeting with someone and exchanging business cards. Personal relationships are what’s most important in helping your business be successful.
Business Cards are the first impression of your brand. Making a memorable first impression with a unique and professionally designed business card is what’s important.
Recently one of our clients, Triad Reef Critters stopped in for a variety of printed materials and among those was a custom designed Business Card to help their business grow.
Want to know the process we went through to create their business card? Check out the steps below!
Process of Business Card
1. Consult with the client. One of our graphic designers discusses the vision the customer has for their business card and all the information they want included on it during a meeting or through email.
2. Brainstorm ideas. Our design team gets together and talks about the general direction the design needs to go and who will lead project.
3. Set up document. The designer of the project then gets to work. They set up the correct document size in the program they are designing the business card in (in this case it is InDesign).
*Steps 4-6 are different for every designer. Listed are the steps our designer took to create this specific business card.
4. Type all text. The designer then types all the text the client wants and places the company logo.
5. Incorporate graphics. Deciding what graphic elements and colors to include in the business card can be the most difficult part and the most time consuming. Since the designer had a general idea from the brainstorming meeting, finding the perfect graphic element and image was fairly easy.
6. Format text. Since the designer typed all the information out, now all that needs to be done is formatting the text in and around the graphics. You want the text to be legible so customers will be able to find the information they need when viewing the business card.
7. Send to client for review. This is the step where clients usually have some changes. They are finally seeing their vision come to life.
8. Correct any changes they want. The client may want an email address added, a title for an employee, or a graphic changed that they don’t like. This step could take a second if the designer hit it out of the park and captured the vision first try or this step could take longer to fix.
9. Send to client again for final review. At this point the business card should be very close to complete. There may be very minor changes the client wants, but overall it captures their vision.
10. Print business cards and client pick up.
This is the final Business Card for Triad Reef Critters. Are you looking to have a touch of the ocean in your home or business? Check out their website here to see what all they offer!
Check out some of our other client’s business cards we have designed to help their business grow!
Are you ready to grow your business with a custom designed business card on quality paper? Contact one of our Graphic Designers today at 336.765.5505 to get started on your design!
Comments are closed